Perforate is a new skill that was introduced as a part of the Legion 3.7 expansion. This skill can be acquired at low levels which makes it an excellent leveling skill. Casting Perforate will hit the earth below which will cause spikes to burst out and deal damage. The skill features a unique interaction with the Blood and Sands aura. During blood stance, spikes will be able to shotgun which deals more damage and in the sands stance, the spikes will have a much higher area of effect. In this article you’ll find a full PoE Legion Perforate Build Guide viable for 3.7 expansion.
Other PoE Legion Guides
- Most Popular Legion 3.7 league Starter Builds
- Best Legion 3.7 Updated Loot Filters
- Strongest Boss Killer Builds For Legion
- Top PoE Legion Currency Farmer MF Builds
- Bladestorm New 3.7 Skill Build Guide
- Strongest Legion Melee Builds
- Detailed Legion Beginner’s Leveling Guide
Perforate Build Pros & Cons
- Leech sustain
- High DPS
- High Mobility/Attack Speed
- League starter viable (low level skill)
- Can’t do certain map mods
- Can get one-shot in high level content
Perforate Build Playstyle
The Perforate skill is really easy to use, hence many people use it as a leveling skill though it’s also solid for the end-game as well. Perforate works similarly to Ice Crash, where you leap slam into a pack, cast Perforate to kill them and move on to the next one. Not much science here.
Perforate Build Passive Tree
This is the Path of Building link for this passive tree.
Import the above link into Path of Building.
Perforate Build Ascendancy
The best Ascendancy for the Perforate skill is going to be the Berserker for a damage boost.
Order of Ascendancy is – Aspect of Carnage>Crave The Slaughter>Rite of Ruin>Pain Reaver.
Perforate Build Pantheon
Soul of the Lunaris will provide this build with more sustain since you’ll be jumping into packs often, this buff synergizes well.
Soul of Ryslatha grants you higher life recovery from lasks while on low life and life flask charge generation.
Perforate Build Bandits
Kill all of the bandits for 2 passive points.
Perforate Build Gems
Perforate Brutality = Close Combat = Multistrike = Fortify = Impale Support.
Blood and Sand, Herald of Purity and Flesh and Stone, Maim.
Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Blood Magic.
Blood Rage, Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Berserk, Dread Banner.
Cast When Damage Taken Steelskin and Cold Snap.
Perforate Build Equipment
The primary stats on the helmet you will want to focus on are at least 95 life and 40% total resistances. Additionally if you have the currency try to acquire one with “Nearby enemies have take 9% increased physical damage” if you want to min-max the loadout.
For the Gloves slot you’ll have three options with this build: Tombfist, Haemophilia or rare gloves.
Tombfist is usually considered as best in slot simply because of intimidation. Haemophilia is great for clear speed but if you don’t like any of these go with rare gloves then.
If you buy rare gloves, the stats you’ll want are:
- 80 Life
- 40% total elemental resistances
- % Increased Attack speed
The stats on rare boots you need are:
- 90 Life
- 50% Total elemental resistances
- 20% Movement speed
As far as rings and amulets go, they’re your main source of resistances, damage and accuracy on this build but you can even combine some unique ones.
If you’re on a budget, get rare rings with 80 life, 50% resistances, physical damage to attacks and lastly accuracy. If you have a lot of currency you can even get a shaped ring with assassin’s mark on hit which will increase your damage by a lot.
Belts are your main source of life and flask recovery. On a rare belt you will want: 130 Life, 70% resistances, increased life/flask recovery and additionally the fossil mod increased physical damage but beware as it’s quite expensive on good stat belts.
The body armor will usually be your most expensive piece of equipment. If you’re on a budget, run a 5 or 6 link rare chest piece. On the chest piece you want 110 Life and a lot of elemental resistances.
If you’d like to invest a bit more into your build to make it a lot stronger, Daresso’s Defiance and Loreweave are excellent choices. Loreweave in particular, it will increase both your offensive and defensive stats.
Ideally, you’ll want to get swords (a foil is bis)
The stats on it should look like:
- % Increased Phys damage
- Adds # to # Physical damage
- Increased Attack Speed
- Increased Critical Strike Chance
- Crit multi or chance to impale enemies on attack
A mix of offensive and defensive flasks is going to work great for the Legion Perforate build:
- Life Flask of Staunching – getting bleed removal and bleed immunity is crucial for high level content where you might degenerate from bleed quickly. It is a must in hardcore leagues.
- Diamond Flask
- Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
- Lion’s Roar – the strongest offensive unique flask that synergizes well with this build because it gives you physical damage and also some armor.
- Basalt Flask (preferably warding) – it will give you physical mitigation which is great for this build in order to increase your sustain.